Saturday, January 31, 2009

OBAMAMANIA

I am not sure why everyone is so starry-eyed and treating Obama as if he is some sort of demi-god.  Not sure what all the adulation is about.  Up until a few months ago I had never even heard of him and when I did, my first thought was that no one with 'Hussein' as part of their name would ever get elected as US president.  Obviously I misjudged the American voters on that point.

That aside, the guy doesn't have much of a track record.  He voted 'present' over 130 times as Senator; you can't effect change if you aren't willing to stand up and vote yes or no.  He has no experience in the area of foreign policy.  He is a gifted orator [although we know that writing your own speeches in Washington just isn't done], he has charisma, intelligence, is energetic and optimistic but he has yet to prove if he can lead.

I fully realize this is not a popular or even welcomed opinion to have, but I have never been much of a follower or let others opinions of me change the fundamentals of who I am or what I believe.  I think outside the box and sheep mentality drives me crazy.  So I am sitting back with eyes wide open to watch and wait before I jump on this bandwagon.  

Show us what you can do, President Obama.

2 comments:

justme said...

Fair point. It it will be even harder for the guy with half the world thinking he can walk on water! Just found your blog....so...hello! Nice to meet you!

Sandra Montgomery said...

Hello justme, nice to meet you also and thank you for coming to visit!